Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Amazing Bucket

For those of you younger folks who are mostly suburban or city based, you're probably not too familiar with the old-fashioned galvanized buckets of years gone by. They were much more common before plastics became so cheap and popular. There's a picture of one here in this post, just for your information. They still sell them today - in fact, this post is about one that's posted for sale on Amazon.com (only $7.49).

What makes this whole post so interesting is one of the reviews someone posted. It's pretty fuuny.

Being an afficianado and collector of buckets, I was ecstatic when I came across this 2 Gallon Galvanized wonder. It's beauty and wonder cannot be overstated. It is quite simply the Mercedes-Benz of buckets, if I may say. I ordered this amazing product and the days spent waiting for it were probably the longest of my life.

When it finally arrived, I eagerly ripped open the box and tore off the paper covering the Dover Parkersburg 610. All the packaging wasn't even necessary, because this bucket folks, hold on to your hats, is made of METAL! That's right, 100% metal. As advertised, it is quite capable of holding water, but that moniker is far too restrictive. This versatile container can hold equal amounts of *any* liquid you can think of.

To test it's claim that it holds two gallons, I went out and bought two gallons of buttermilk from my local dairy vendor. I poured both gallons of creamy goodness inside the 610, and to my surprise, it held both gallons! Then, of course, I faced the problem of having to drink two gallons of buttermilk.

Long story short, the 610 was able to handle the resulting two gallons of vomit! Days later, when I got out of the hospital, cleaning the 610 was no problem. The galvanized surface made cleanup a snap. I have found countless other uses for this versatile bucket since then. Highly recommended!

via the J-Walk Blog
-
-

No comments: